Spartan Youth Basketball Association (SYBA) is an educational organization dedicated to developing better citizens by providing competitive basketball through the development and operation of a properly supervised basketball program for 3rd through 8th grade youth residing in the North Fargo School District. This organization will seek to develop and promote the ideals of good sportsmanship, honesty, loyalty, courage and reverence in the youth of this community. The supervisors shall bear in mind that the modeling of future adults is of primary importance and attainment of exceptional athletic skill or the winning of games is secondary.
Spartan Youth Basketball Association is an independent association and is not administered by the Fargo Park Board or the YMCA.
- Boys and girls in grades 3rd through 8th are eligible to play
- 2 practices per week at north side schools, schedules may vary
- Saturday league games in the metro area starting late October through mid-December
- Cost $160/player
- Scholarships (confidential) are available
- Uniforms are provided and will be returned at the end of the season
- SYBA apparel is available on the website and serves as our only fundraiser
- SYBA tournament occurs in mid-January and all SYBA teams are able to participate; parents will be assigned at a school site to sell tickets or concessions
- Grade representatives, in addition to coaches, are assigned to all teams
SYBA is a member of the Fargo-Moorhead Youth Basketball League, FMYBL, which consists of many other local schools from Fargo, West Fargo, Moorhead, DGF, Casselton, and Northern Cass, with the same goals in mind. As part of this membership, SYBA is able to provide a competitive and fun environment for kids of any basketball skill level.
With a team of like-minded individuals on both the SYBA and FMYBL boards, we strive to foster growth, sportsmanship, fun and competitiveness all around. Our goal is to make this a rewarding experience for all involved.